About the Firm
Established Bankruptcy and Business Law Firm Serves Newark, NJ
Dependable representation for debtors and creditors
Founded in 1978, Rothbard, Rothbard, Kohn & Kellar is a highly professional and reliable law firm focused on debtor and creditor representation in bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Located in the heart of Newark, we serve Essex County consumers and small-to-large businesses that are experiencing financial setbacks. Our reputable attorneys have more than 30 years of combined experience in litigation related to commercial disputes, as well as creditor and debtor issues.
The experience you need to overcome your financial setback
When you are having financial difficulties either with your business or personally, it’s not easy finding advice you can trust. Many bankruptcy law firms or debt relief agencies want to funnel you through their system without much regard for your circumstances or concerns. We perform a thorough examination of your finances, and base our recommendations on the best path forward for your financial future. You can expect our attorneys to be:
- Seasoned — Each of our attorneys is an established veteran with decades of litigation experience.
- Dependable — We have a long track record of providing positive results for consumers and businesses.
- Professional — We strive to maintain the highest standards of performance on each case we undertake.
Three of our four attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
for their high ethical standards and professional ability.
Areas of Practice
Effective legal services for various debtor and creditor needs
At Rothbard, Rothbard, Kohn & Kellar, the focus of our practice is relieving financial distress for individuals and businesses. We often resolve issues for clients through commercial litigation, especially in the construction industry. Other services include:
- Bankruptcy — We represent debtors and creditors, businesses and individuals, in bankruptcy procedures under Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — This form of consumer bankruptcy allows eligible consumers to get a quick discharge of their qualifying debt so they can start over with a clean slate.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — Consumers who have secured debt and a steady income can often keep major assets, such as a home, by filing Chapter 13 and fulfilling a payment plan for three to five years.
- Collections — We help small-to-large companies collect sums owed for goods, services, and unpaid loans. Our collections attorneys assist contractors and subcontractors with construction liens, and also help professionals recover amounts owed for their services.
- Unsecured collections — Unsecured transactions pose special problems for creditors, since there is no property to attach if the debtor refuses or is unable to pay. For unsecured collections, we employ highly professional, non-harassing methods, fully compliant with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to uphold our clients’ rights to repayment without exposing them to liability.
Your first step to an improved financial outlook is your call to Rothbard, Rothbard, Kohn & Kellar.
Contact our distinguished legal team in Newark, New Jersey
Rothbard, Rothbard, Kohn & Kellar is conveniently located in Newark at 50 Park Place on the 12th Floor, right across the street from Military Park and just one block southwest of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. Call us at 862-227-8068 or contact us online
to schedule an appointment.